Thursday, August 19, 2010

Light bulb chandeliers

I'm not a fan of the chandelier in my dining room. While I can appreciate the old-world look – it should never be mixed with modern glam, because said light fixture will stick out like a sore thumb.

I've been in love with Pottery Barn's edison chandelier for awhile now.


Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I'm cheap and would never drop $399 on a light fixture. I was hoping JC Penney would catch on and make a knock-off like they do with every other Pottery Barn item, but no luck. For awhile, I even debated about making my own.

Then I flipped through CB2's catalog and saw the firefly pendant lamp:
It's even more perfect for the space and with a $199 price tag – way more doable. (Especially when factoring in that my birthday is in September). Yes!

Are there any light fixture crazes you're obsessed with right now? Anyone joining me on the light bulb obsession?

____________________________________

If you're stopping by from my DIY Showoff feature, welcome and thanks for stopping in.

If you liked the man-cave theme, please check out the beer-tasting party I threw for my husband on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite light bulb chandelier is one with a $5000 price tag. It's in the dining room in Jeff Lewis' house on Flipping Out. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three in my "cart" at overstock:

    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Red-White-Shade-Adjustable-height-Chandelier/5142975/product.html

    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Geometric-Hanging-Shade/3488807/product.html

    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Chrome-and-White-3-Light-Crystal-Chandelier/5036709/product.html?tid=CartLayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could easily recreate Pottery Barn's Edison Chandelier by conjoining several light kits from Lowe's, a little spray paint for the cords, and some ceiling hooks...(at least it looks rather simple in my mind). I hope you give it a try!
    Erin @ Cultivating Home

    ReplyDelete